All-in-one suite to access all Nero applications
Nero StartSmart is a “command center” software that includes several applications devoted to performing varied tasks regarding burning, ripping and copying audio, video or data CDs and DVDs. Among its new characteristics and version enhancements, we can single out the inclusion of the “Add/Remove” function, which makes it possible to customize the Start screen with your most-used Nero software applications, giving faster access to them.
What makes this suite a good choice is the chance it gives you to use most of the tools developed by Nero without needing to download a lot of separate programs or choosing just one among all of them. What makes it even more valuable is the fact that it provides this access to almost all Nero's popular utilities without including a launchpad. Nevertheless, some users have criticized Nero StartSmart for its reduced burning settings and its small variety of output formats when it comes to ripping (only MP3, MP4 and WAV are available.)
How to use this program
Along with the new “Add/Remove” function located in the bottom right corner of the interface, one of the greatest novelties of this version has to be the interface redesign. It is now cleaner and provides faster access to applications, which are distributed into different categories, such as “Edit and Convert”, “Rip and Burn”, “Back Up and Rescue” or “Manage and Play”.
Data burning is one of the activities the program can perform fully without redirecting to any other application of the suite
Data burning is one of the activities Nero StartSmart can perform fully without redirecting to any other program of the suite. Regarding its performance, Nero StartSmart allows you to choose the process speed from Minimum, Automatic, Maximum and Safe Mode. The first one works to provide an extra layer of security in order to prevent your system from getting infected with any type of malware. When it comes to ripping, you can also customize the encoding quality, choosing from among Small File size, Medium Quality or High Quality. One of the strengths of ripping with Nero is the possibility of complementing the process with the Internet, as it automatically identifies names of songs, sparing you the time-consuming job of renaming. In the case of copying discs, you are also free to set the speed, select the destination storage location and enable data verification, among other things.
Nero StartSmart 16.0.030005 Features
The unique features of Nero StartSmart are:
- Burns and rips data or multimedia CDs and DVDs
- Gives control over all Nero software from just one platform
- Three options for Audio Burning: Create Audio CD, MP3 Jukebox Disc or mixed (combining Nero Digital Audio plus Jukebox Disc files)
- Inclusion of “Add/Remove” option to customize the Start screen with the most-used programs of the suite
- Newsfeed functionality that allows you to subscribe to as many feeds as you desire, as well as setting the updating frequency
- Ability to create your own labels and covers for any CD or DVD
- Ability to manage media content and Internet services directly from the interface
- Back-up and data recovery functionality for discs that can even be scheduled
- Ability to check for updates
If you want more information about Nero StartSmart before you download it, feel free to visit the developers’ site.
The minimum system requirements to download and run Nero StartSmart are:
- Operating system: Windows 2000 or further
- Processor: Intel Pentium III 1 GHz or AMD equivalent
- RAM memory: 256 MB
- HDD: 1 GB of free space available