Make downloading content even easier and quicker
Internet Download Manager is an assistant for obtaining free content from the Internet such as video files boosting the speed and increasing your browser capabilities. Among its main features you will find dynamic file segmentation that produces great acceleration for the archives you want get from different websites without any form of limitation.
IDM integrates itself into your Internet browser, no matter if it is Chrome, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox, but it can be used separately as a complete manager. As you use it, you will find different options that make it a pretty recommendable tool, like the Grabber which allows you to extract all the files off a website. This function will create a project in which you can check all the elements from the webpage in the scheduler. This will dynamically set the segments of the targets and will enable several connections at the same time, known as multi-threading, to accelerate downloads.
IDM provides great acceleration for archives you want get from different websites without any form of limitation
For streaming websites, Internet Download Manager enables a contextual menu that will notify you that there are available files to download. This way you won’t need to customize the software or start the application for starting the process. In cases where there are several files, you can select the ones you really want from the list it provides.
Performance and ways to use it
You can test the great performance of IDM with big files. The average speed you’ll get with this software will be up to twice that of a standard browser. This grants all its users the provision to download large files without waiting forever. In case you have several archives you want, use the scheduler for putting in a queue those that are important, and let the program do the rest.
This easy-to-use application includes some advanced functions that are not mandatory to use, but for those users that want to create their own configurations this will be a must for their system. In addition it is compatible with the main Internet protocols such as HTTPS, FTP, MMS or HTTP and you can configure Internet Download Manager with your own VPN connection. On the other hand, for those users who don't like to interfere with default settings, that way is perfect since the program will work nicely.
Internet Download Manager 6.23 Build 9 Features
Here are the main characteristics of Internet Download Manager:
- Support and seamlessly integration with other Internet software and utilities for enhanced downloading
- Compatible with drag and drop elements within a webpage, like video or image files
- Built-in scheduler for managing the active archives you want to download and set priorities at the same time
- You can set the transfer speed to limit the Internet use in order to take advantage while you browse other pages
- Use the Dynamic segmentation for dividing online files in order to boost the download speed
- Multi-threading technology for establishing several connections to the same server to increase the transfer rate
- Allows for resuming previous files regardless the kind of video, music or executable format they are in
- Compatible with streaming services such as Metacafe or Dailymotion
In case you want to learn more about IDM, you are free to check out its official website.
These are the minimum specifications needed for your computer to run the program:
- Operating System: Windows NT version or later
- Processor: Intel Pentium IV at 1.2 GHz or faster
- Memory: 512 MB RAM
- HDD: 12 MB Free space on disk